A couple of days back, I wrote a blog post on what the rule of seven is and why is it important. As I was out of time that day, I finished off at just the “What” and “Why,” so today, I am going to discuss How you can implement “The rule of seven” in your digital efforts.
How to implement “The rule of 7” in the digital age?
To implement this 1930s principle in the digital age, there are only two primary tips one should follow:
- Be consistent.
- Go Multichannel.
The rule of seven is nothing but another way to say “Consistency is the key.”
Being consistent with quality and publishing of the content is the way to come across prospects more times, and that’s what the rule of seven is all about– appearing in front of prospect’s eye for more than seven times.
With consistent content, from an SEO standpoint, you’ll:
- Start to become established as an authority and thought leader within your niche.
- Strengthen your brand identity, ensuring it’s immediately recognizable.
- Connect with an audience across all platforms.
- Boost your SEO, as Google favors websites with fresh, relevant and original content.
- Allow your audience to depend on you for regular content.
- Get not only more organic and repeat traffic, giving visitors a reason to return.
From an social media standpoint,
- You’ll come out as an expert in communities.
- People will start tagging you in posts related to the niche.
- People will start following you for your industry knowledge.
- And eventually, when they need something you provide, they will reach out to you.
Either way, being consistent with value-adding content is what’s going to build a brand for you.
This is important!
Though you might have a good influence on a particular marketing channel, going multichannel opens some fantastic opportunities to be in front of the eyes of your prospects.
Multichannel is effective due to one simple reason: You will be where your customers are.
Providing value-adding content that simplifies the prospect’s buying decision is what you should aim for.
Collect their mails. Target their cookies. Show ads on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, or wherever they spend their time.
This way you will surely come across their eyes for more than seven times, and eventually and hopefully, you will see the magic of The Rule of Seven.
The rule of seven is all about consistent efforts to be in front of your prospects. Applying the rule of seven will build a brand for you, and there’s nothing more effective than branding when it comes to selling.